Stand Up For Animals (SUFA) in a non-profit 501(c)3 organization that is passionately committed to the welfare of all animals, especially those in our local community and area animal shelters. We rely solely on fundraising, grants, and donations from generous individuals, businesses, trusts and foundations.
We will host four major fundraisers this year; Pins for Pets Bowlathon, SUFA Golf Tournament, Laugh Your Tail Off Comedy Night, and our inaugural Murder Mystery fundraiser. Funds raised are used to support the needs of the animals at the state-of-the-art animal shelter facility that we built for the Town of Westerly, to provide financial support to families in our community that have pets and incur medical pet expenses, or need animal training/assessments to correct the animals’ behavioral issues, and to maintain our monitored Trap, Neuter, Release (TNR) program for community cats. Through our TNR Program, we provide food and medical attention, and we also continue to spay/neuter other community cats to help reduce the surplus population.
In addition to supporting the Westerly Shelter, we’ve collaborated with other local shelters and non-profit organizations. We strive to ensure that every animal is treated with compassion and to assist those who care for them.
We do this by:
- helping families in our community that incur emergency medical pet expenses, and those that need support with spay/neuters, pet dental treatments, medicines, and food
- providing funding for specialized treatment for heartworm positive dogs rescued from the South
- subsidizing the cost for specialized Veterinary care needed for shelter animals
- supporting the Hopkinton Animal Shelter and other local shelters, rescues and non-profit organizations
- donating over 500 Martingale Collars for the Super Dog Adoption Days, local rescues and shelters
For 2022, we financially contributed:
- $14,240 – purchased all of the medicines/medical supplies for the shelter animals
- $50,148 – financially supported 98 animal emergencies and wellness visits
- $19,886 – for heartworm treatments for 37 dogs
- $10,229 – financially supported 105 low cost spay/neuter visits
- $14,067 – in support of local area animal shelters, animal welfare programs and rescues
- upon request, we help subsidize the cost of specialized Veterinary care needed for shelter animals
SUFA has been helping our community members for the past 13 years, and we will continue to be available for our community members during these ongoing and unpredictable times. It warms our heart when we receive thank you notes such as “Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your incredibly generous gift” or “we want to express our deepest gratitude for our friends at Stand Up For Animals” or a quick text that says “Thank you again. We are immensely grateful!”